Thermoforming & Extrusion
As the world leader in heavy-gauge thermoforming, Penda offers an unmatched array of thermoforming capabilities to meet an increasingly wide array of customer challenges. By applying lean processes, unique work cells and other smart approaches, we’re doing it all more efficiently and cost-effectively than ever.
Every Penda project is supported by collaborative engineering, refined processes, and a wide range of value-added capabilities to provide a system solution you can count on.
When you work with Penda, we’ll see to it that you get every advantage of thermoformed plastic for your application.
Thermoforming, a fabricating process that involves heating a plastic sheet and forming it over a male or female mold, offers a variety of advantages over other materials and processes:
- Lower tooling costs
- Lower prototyping costs
- Lower part weight
- Lower material costs
- Larger parts
- Faster time to market
- Fewer VOCs
- Better surface quality
- Greater flexibility to modify designs
Penda’s design and engineering experts are ready to help you achieve these advantages through a material conversion to thermoformed plastics.
Penda’s wide array of heavy-gauge thermoforming technologies and techniques accommodate an increasingly wide range of customer needs.
Twin Sheet Thermoforming
A process involving vacuum and pressure forming of two plastic sheets simultaneously by using opposing molds and welding the two halves together while they are still quasi-molten. The result is a hollow finished piece which looks like an enclosure. Advantages include:
- Tight dimensional specs rivaling injection molding
- Intricate detail on outer part surface
- Materials of the two half parts optimized for weight and performance
- Enhanced structural performance
Twin Sheet Composite Thermoforming
A process involving twin sheet thermoforming around a rigid core such as aluminum honeycomb or foam to form a composite structure. Advantages include:
- A rigid core with the attractive outer appearance of a twin sheet part
- Cores can be designed with hardware attachment points and significant structural integrity
- Polyurethane foam injected into the thermoformed part to provide dimensional integrity and stiffness
What do Penda’s extensive extrusion capabilities mean to you?
Because we produce our own sheet, you benefit from reduced product lead time and maximized product quality and cost-efficiency.
In-house extrusion is a vital component of the comprehensive solutions we deliver as the world leader in heavy-gauge thermoforming. When you work with us, you gain a partner who takes responsibility for all aspects of production – from buying resin to a complete, fully assembled product.
Equipment and Expertise
- HDPE, TPO and glass filled polypropylene and acrylic co-extrusion
- Polyolefins and engineered plastics extrusion
- Anti-slip, anti-stat, smooth or grained sheets
- Many color options, solid, capped and laminated films
Discover more about the advantages of Penda’s in-house extrusion capabilities. CONTACT US TODAY