Engineering & Design
Design and engineering expertise is fundamental to Penda’s ability to constantly advance the potential of system solutions for our customers.
When you work with Penda, you tap into a technical team with a combined average experience of over 25 years in product and thermoforming design, leveraging a variety of advanced tools to develop optimal concepts and rapid prototypes.
Through innovative applications of materials, process and technology, we work with you to overcome your most challenging requirements and maximize your product’s performance.
- Siemens NX CAD, 3D Modeling and Design
- Siemens Advanced Simulation (Nastran) FEA / CAE
- Siemens I-DEAS 3D modeling and design
- Dassault Systemes CATIA V5 3D modeling and design
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks 3D modeling and design
- PTC Creo (PRO-E) 3D modeling and design
- AutoDesk Inventor and AutoCAD 3D/2D modeling and design
- Accuform T-Sim thermoforming and Blow-Molding simulation / optimization
- STEP & IGES translations to/from any CAD/CAM software
- Multi-axis digital scanning and layout
- CMM multi-axis layout
- 3-Axis CNC milling / 5-axis router
- Multiple OEM Tier-1 TeamCenter-Integration Direct-Connections
- Connections through secure cloud-based file-exchange (Rocket TruFusion, OEM Advantage, Mimecast)
- Color imaging 3D renderings
- ANSI / ISO standard drawing
- Multimedia printing
- 3D Printing
With over 30 years experience in thermoformed products, Penda has the process knowledge to optimize performance of leading-edge materials. You have targeted requirements and costs, and we have the expertise to customize material solutions-including the ability to create multiple layers of materials.
Penda has a record of proven success helping customers reduce material and tooling costs through material conversion-converting parts from metal, fiberglass and other materials to thermoformed plastic.
Among the advantages Penda can deliver:
- Reduced part weight
- Enhanced structural integrity
- Easier, less expensive tooling
- Recyclable and recycled materials
- Numerous secondary finishing requirements eliminated
Combining engineering skills with an extensive in-house tooling facility, Penda’s rapid prototyping capabilities are second to none.
The key advantage: you can review fit and function to ensure your material, process and part are just right before making an investment in hard tooling.
Our on-site testing facilities allow us to closely manage the product validation process, evaluating real world performance challenges before the first part is manufactured.
- CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine)
- Vibration Testing
- Compression Testing
- Side-Impact Testing